Caramelized Onion and Potato Frittata with Ham and Swiss
- 2 tsp of olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 5 slices of Canadian bacon or ham
- 7-8 baby fingerling potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Swiss cheese, chopped or shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from fortheloveofcooking.net
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a tart pan with cooking spray.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions then cook stirring often until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add more olive oil while the onions are cooking if needed. Once the onions are caramelized, add the ham then cook, stirring often for 3 minutes.
While the onions are cooking, boil the potatoes in a pot of water for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Chop the potatoes into small bite sized chunks.
Place some of the onion and ham mixture into the bottom of the tart pan; next add some potatoes and a bit of the Swiss cheese. Combine the eggs with the milk and parsley then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Whisk the eggs until they are mixed thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into the tart pan then add the remaining onion and ham mixture, potatoes, and Swiss cheese to the top.
You'll also love
- All Natural Banana Panckake Recipe 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Bundt Cake 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Lazy Skillet Cabbage Roll Dinner 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach and Sausage Skillet Pizza 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Smashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Black- Eyed Pea & Onion Fritters 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Cheese, Onion and Potato Pasties 4.6/5 (27 Votes)