Grammie's potato salad
*vegetable side salad
- 6 red potatoes (using red potatoes keep the salad from getting mushy)
- 1 C miracle whip (can use mayo but takes away some of the tangy taste)
- 1/8 C yellow mustard (reduce amount if using Dijon or any whole grain)
- 6 large dill pickles - save the juice when chopping
- 12 hard boiled eggs - peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped finely
- salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
Boil, cool, peel, and cut potatoes into 1" or so cubes.
Chop dill pickles saving as much of the juice as possible.
Boil, cool, peel, and chop eggs.
Chop onion finely.
In a small bowl blend miracle whip, mustard, salt and pepper and pickle juice well into a smooth texture.
Toss potatoes with onions and chopped pickle in a non-metal bowl.
Fold the mustard mixture into the potato mixture and sprinkle paprika over the top. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.