Shrimp Salad Roll
Tender sweet shrimp, cool crunchy cucumber, and fresh garden dill give this sandwich the true taste of summer.
- 1 pound salad shrimp, rinsed and dried
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 scallions finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons red pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette or french loaf
- iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon greed goddess dressing
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Rinse the shrimp. Pat dry using a paper towel and place in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, onion, red pepper and dill. Toss to mix. Add mayonnaise and toss until ingredients are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper (add some Cajun spice or Old Bay for a little kick if you like).
Thinly slice or shred the lettuce and toss with the green goddess dressing.
Cut the baguette into 6″ lengths and toast or grill (I like to grill both the inside and outside of the roll).
Place some of the lettuce in the roll followed by the shrimp salad and serve.