Spicy Quinoa with Kidney Beans, Corn and Lime
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 15 oz. can corn
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime, optional
Adapted from onedishdinners.com
◾In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, bring 2 cups of vegetable broth and 2 cups water (or 4 cups of water) to a boil and then add the quinoa. Return to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cover for 15 minutes.
◾Once the little white rings have started to separate from the grain (after about 15 minutes), add the crushed garlic, finely chopped onion, drained can of corn, undrained can of Rotel, drained can of red kidney beans, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
◾Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and stir. Let simmer another 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
◾Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Pudding Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- BANANA CREAM PIE WITH PRETZEL CRUST 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Citrus Cous Cous 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Beer & Brat Potato Salad 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Basic Black-Eyed Peas 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Buttermilk Brined Crock Pot... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Orzo Lemon Orzo with Asparagus 4.3/5 (18 Votes)