Orzo Lemon Orzo with Asparagus
Very easy to prepare, this delicious Lemon Orzo with Asparagus works great as a side or starter dish.
- 1 lemon, zested
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from jocooks.com
MAKE THE DRESSING:
Place the lemon zest, juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a deep medium bowl.
Add oil and whisk until it emulsifies a bit. Set aside.
MAKE THE ORZO:
Snap the end pieces off the asparagus and lay the asparagus stalks in a baking dish, 9x13 inch. Pour boiling water over the asparagus (just enough to cover it), cover dish with plastic wrap and let sit until the water is warm to the touch. Drain water and cut the asparagus stalks into 2 inch pieces.
Place the chicken broth and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the salt and turmeric and bring back to a boil.
Add the orzo and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo, but do not rinse it.
Place the hot orzo in a large bowl, add the asparagus and parsley. Whisk the dressing if needed and pour it over the salad. Mix well. Top with butter if preferred.
You'll also love
- Peach Pancake Syrup 3.7/5 (52 Votes)
- APPLE CINNAMON BREAD 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Potato Bread (Bread Machine) 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Homemade Cheese Ravioli Filling 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- lemon dream pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Chili & Cheese Mini Pasta Pies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Scallopini with Lemon... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)