- 7.1 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
Preparation time 14mins
Cooking time 38mins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place 24 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, cinnamon, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through eggs), stirring with a whisk. Stir in canned pumpkin; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Bread: Spoon batter into 2 (9 x 5inch) or 4 (5 x 3inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake large loaves at 350° for 1 hour; bake small loaves at 350° for 25 minutes. Loaves are done when a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut each large loaf into 12 slices; each small loaf into 6 slices. Serves 24 (serving size: 1 slice)