Pâtes à la Tomate – Tomato Pasta
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (King Arthur is suggested)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Water
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. On a clean work surface, lay your flour out and make a well in the middle.
2. Place all ingredients in the well, except the water.
3. Using your hands (or a fork) mix the ingredients starting in the middle.
4. Once center is well mixed, begin working the dough until all flour in incorporated.
5. Add water to dough.
6. Knead into a ball.
7. This is not a finished dough, notice the no-so-smooth surface. Keep kneading!
8. Once smooth, you are done!
9. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes or place in the fridge.
10. Remove and roll into desired shape and cook! Fresh pasta cooks in about 4-5 minutes when boiled!