Roasted Eggplant and Israeli Couscous Salad
- 1 large eggplant, quartered and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large red onion, quartered and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggplant, onion, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the cumin. Toss until fully coated, and then turn out onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. Shake the pan to make sure the vegetables lie flat and have the maximum possible surface area exposed.
Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. With a spatula, redistribute the vegetables so they brown on the opposite side, and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes, until the vegetables are dark brown and caramelized.
In the meantime, whisk the remaining olive oil and salt, and the lemon juice, zest, and garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the couscous until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and add to the bowl (with the dressing). Toss together with the roasted eggplant and cilantro. Serve as a bed for these lamb chops, or a nice piece of grilled fish
You'll also love
- Masala-Spiced Rib-Eye Steaks with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bananas and Cream Daiquiri 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Osso Buco with Horseradish... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chunky artichoke penne 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Vegan Baked Ziti #2....with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Eggplant Caponata 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Couscous Salad... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Autumn Couscous Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)