Nordstrom's White Chocolate Bread Pudding
A slab of dense, custard-infused construction, standing upright in a pool of white chocolate sauce, with accents of raspberry coulis, fresh raspberries and whipped cream. And yes, it tastes as rich as it sounds.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 pounds white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 whole eggs
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 pounds brioche bread, stale
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pounds white chocolate(broken pieces)
- 3/4 cups corn syrup
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 1/2 pounds frozen raspberries
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Slice the stale brioche bread no greater than 1/2 thick.
In a heavy bottom pan heat the whipping cream, milk, and sugar over medium heat. When hot remove from stove, add the white chocolate pieces and stir until melted.
Combine whole eggs with egg yolks In a mixing bowl.
In a steady stream slowly pour the cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture whisking constantly Break up the bread and add to the custard mixture. Allow setting for 15 •minutes.
Put mixture in a lined baking pan. compress and cover with foil. Put onto sheet tray, pour water onto sheet tray. Creating a water bath.
Bake for 40 minutes at 350° F
Remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes or until browned. Cool, flip the bread pudding out of the pan, and cut Into portions.
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
Bring cream and com syrup to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the broken white chocolate until smooth and completely melted. Cool well and transfer to clean container. Store In the refrigerator.
Bring sugar, water and raspberries to a boil and cook to reduce volume by one-third. Purée the sauce when finished reducing and pour through a fine strainer to remove the seeds from the berries. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Chef Ramsay's Meatloaf 4.1/5 (106 Votes)
- Vegan Passover Kugel 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Cheesecake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bark 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Budin de Pan, Traditional Puerto... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Tennessee Peach Pudding 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Ruggles' White Chocolate Bread... 0/5 (0 Votes)