Parsnip, Bacon and Apple Soup
Quite tasty and a good way to use up extra parsnips!
- 1 large onion, chopped roughly
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 medium applies, peeled, cored and chopped roughly
- 1.5 litres (2 3/4 pints) vegetable stock
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 100 g lean bacon, chopped
Heat saucepan and spray with cooking spray. Stirfry onion until soft and golden, adding a little water if needed to prevent sticking.
Add parsnips and apples and cover with the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer 45 minutes, covered.
Blend. Stir in the milk, add the chopped ham and heat through.
You'll also love
- Whipped Potatoes & Parsnips with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Veal Stew - for Pressure Cooker 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Sauce for Salmon Patties 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Grilled Chicken,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bisquick Sausage Cheese Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Choke Cherry Jam 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Corn Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)