Clams with Garlic Sauce
Pair with simple Spanish white.
- 3 -dozen Little Neck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- A few saffron threads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small dried red chile
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fish stock or 1/4 cup bottled clam juice diluted with 1-cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
1)In a bowl, cover the clams and cornmeal with water; add the salt. Soak for 45 minutes; drain and rinse.
2) In a blender or mini-processor, puree the garlic with 5 tablespoons of the parsley and the saffron.
3) Heat the oil in a nonreactive skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until translucent. Add the clams, wine, lemon juice, chile, bay leaves, paprika and pepper. Cover and cook over high heat, stirring; remove the clams as they open.
4) Add the fish stock and the garlic mixture to the skillet and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Discard the chile and bay leaves. Divide the clams among 4 soup plates, spoon the garlic sauce on top and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
You'll also love
- Trader Joe's Red Split Lentils 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Watermelon Banana Smoothie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries with Bourbon... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SHRIMP and CRABMEAT ETOUFFEE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Hog Fish - Cajun Style 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot Crawfish Spinach Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Moose 5/5 (1 Votes)