Macadamia-Crusted Halibut with Mango Cream Sauce
- 1/2 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I did not have any, so I used pretzels)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- egg white of 1 egg
- 1 pound fresh Halibut (portioned)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In a food processor, combine macadamia nuts, bread crumbs (Pretzels), 1 teaspoon olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season fish with salt and black pepper. Using a brush, spread a thin layer of the egg whites on top of the fish and then sprinkle over the chopped macadamia nut mixture. You kind of have to smash it into the fish.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and crushed garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear Halibut, macadamia side down, cook 3-4 minutes (if your oil is popping and going crazy, turn your heat down a bit), then turn over and sear the other side for 3 minutes. I use my handy fish spatula, that "Santa" brought me for Christmas.
Once the fish is seared, place fish in a baking dish and cook in the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine mango, cream, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened. This sauce is a little tart, but it compliments the sweet coconut rice very well.
I put the sauce into the blender to make it smooth, I think you taste more mango flavor if you blend it. However, you can leave it as is.
You'll also love
- Mandarin Orange Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef and Shiner Bock Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wet Coconut Cake (Nancy Creighton) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with New Orleans Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Steak With a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gold Fish Cracker Pretzel Mix 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep Fried Halibut In Alexander... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with Mango... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe