Lettuce Wraps with Turkey & Cranberry-Walnut Mayonnaise
"You don't need bread. Or tortilla-wraps. Thanks to this recipe, you—and the kids—can enjoy a hearty lunch without jeopardizing your diet." —David Tip: Halve them or cut these wraps in thirds and you've got a tasty, healthy appetizers. Thanksgiving company staying through the weekend? Make these with your leftovers.
- Cranberry-Walnut Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup light or low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry jellied sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Lettuce Wrap:
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 16 slices 98% fat-free, low-sodium deli turkey
- Cranberry walnut mayonnaise
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple, cored and julienned
To prepare the Cranberry-Walnut Mayonnaise, whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium-size bowl. Refrigerate until needed. To assemble the wraps, lay the lettuce leaves out flat on a large work surface. Carefully remove 3/4 of the hard center core with a knife. Layer two slices of turkey on top of each lettuce leaf and distribute all of the cranberry mayo on the turkey, spreading evenly. A 1/4 cup of baby spinach gets layered on next, followed by 1/8 of the julienned apple. Roll up each lettuce wrap and secure it closed with a toothpick.