Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is very tasty and has a light taste of pumpkin but the pumpkin is not too powerful as to make pumpkin haters not like it! This recipe is a family favorite!
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) whole wheat fettuccine (linguine would also work)
- 1 generous tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary, plus more for sprinkling on top (a 3-inch sprig of rosemary should do it)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 ounces shredded mozzerella cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree*
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- shaved Parmesan cheese for topping
Preparation time 25mins
Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente (consult directions on package). Drain and set aside.
Heat a 10 to 12-inch saucepan over medium heat and add butter. Once sizzling, whisk in flour and stir to create a roux, until bubbly and golden, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in milk, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Stir constantly and increase the heat a little bit, if necessary, until the mixture begins to bubble and thicken, about 5-6 minutes.
Add in mozzerella cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt and pepper, whisking until smooth and thickened into a sauce. Season with additional salt (don’t be shy) and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta to pan and toss to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately; top each serving with a sprinkle of finely chopped rosemary (necessary), red pepper flakes (optional, if you like spice like me) and Parmesan shavings.
You'll also love
- Eggplant and Tomato Casserole 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Quick and Easy Eggless Banana Bread 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Glass Noodle Stir Fry with Shrimp,... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spring Pea Pasta 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Penne with Asparagus and Peppers 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta and Crab With... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)