Cheater Korean Beef
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (see note)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (depending on how spicy you like it)
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef in the sesame oil. Add the garlic towards the end of browning and cook for a couple of minutes. Drain the fat.
2. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red pepper. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions. If going for a low carb option, it's great over lettuce too!