Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake
Ice cream cakes are a party waiting to happen, and this chocolate malted milk ball dessert is no exception. Combine two favorite desserts into one!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, slightly softened, 6 cups
- 2 cups malted milk ball candies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Additional malted milk ball candies, if desired
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 415mins
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 9 by 3 or 10 by 2 3/4 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until well blended. Immediately pour into pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Spread 1 cup fudge topping over cake; freeze about 1 hour or until topping is firm. In large bowl, mix ice cream and coarsely chopped candies; spread over cake. Freeze about 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate. Top with whipped cream. Melt 1/4 cup fudge topping; drizzle over whipped cream. Garnish with additional candies, if desired.
Use an indulgent chocolate ice cream for double the chocolate pleasure.
You'll also love
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Crescent Apple Danish 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chewies (No Bake... 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Sicilian Love Cake 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Almond-Cherry Chocolate Bark 4.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Lemon Cake Batter Truffles 4.1/5 (89 Votes)