Yoder's Peanut Butter Pie
This dreamy peanut butter pie is great for any occasion. Serve cold and enjoy!
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teasoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- CRUMB MIXTURE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- A few tablespoons water
- Baked 9 to 10 inch deep pie shell
- 2 cups whipped topping, sweetened
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Mix cornstarch, salt,milk, egg yolk and vanilla with a wire whisk until smooth. Set mixture aside.
Heat 3 cups milk, butter and sugar until scalding, stirring constantly. Add cornstarch mixture to hot mixture while stirring with a whisk.
Cook until mixture has thickened but remove from heat before boiling.
Chill in fridge.
Mix powdered sugar and peanut butter until small crumbs form. Mix in a little water at a time, until the sugar and peanut mixture forms small distinct crumbles. The little bit of water helps them stick together.
Place 1/2 of the crumbs onto pie shell. Spoon chilled pudding on top of crumbs. Place more crumbs on top of the pudding, keeping a little to sprinkle on whipped topping.
Top with whipped topping and extra crumbs.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Peanut Butter Pie 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe