Crab, Avocado and Mango Salsa Nachos
Celebrating the last of summer
- For the Mango Salsa
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup mangoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 lime, sliced in half, use one half, juiced for the mango salsa, other half for crab mixture
- For the Crab Mixture
- 1 8oz container crab meat (claw or backfin), picked over for shells
- 1 3.5 oz container plain yogurt ( I love Oikos)
- the other half of the lime, juiced
- 1 TB Old Bay seasoning
- For the Rest of the Nachos
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 bag (or half a bag, depending on how hungry you are) Tostito's tortilla chips
Adapted from bigbrownplate.weebly.com
1 Chop the mangoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers and place in a small bowl. Squeeze some lime juice over the top and mix well.
2 Mash up the avocados in another bowl, squeeze juice from half of a lemon along with a dash of salt and pepper and mix well.
3 In yet another bowl, mix the crab with the yogurt, and stir in the juice from the other half of the lime. Add the Old Bay seasoning and mix well.
4 If you want to toast your chips before serving, place them onto a foil lined baking sheet, toss with some oil, and bake for about 5-7 minutes at 350. I served mine as is.
5 Place chips onto a serving platter or plates and spoon the avocado mixture into the center of the chips, followed by the crab mixture on the top of the avocados, and then encircle the avocado and crab with the tomato mango salsa.
You'll also love
- Grilled Baby Bok Choy 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasteles de masa (Green Banana... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Raspberry Tequila Sangria 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Stack 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Stovetop Shrimp Boil 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Crab and Oyster Dip 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)