Spicy Macaroni Salad
With the addition of mustard and spices, this macaroni salad has a special taste that you'll love.
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1 medium carrot or 5 baby carrots
- 2 medium stalks of celery
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
Adapted from andersonandgrant.blogspot.com
1. Boil you macaroni for about 11 minutes in salted water. In a separate pan, hard boil the 4 eggs.
2. While you are waiting for you macaroni and eggs to boil, grate the carrots and chop the celery into small pieces.
3. When the eggs are done hard boiling, run them under some cold water to cool them off. Cut three of the eggs into small chunks and save the fourth to slice and add to the top of the salad. All four can be chopped into the salad if you’d prefer.
4. In your bowl, add the cooked macaroni that has been cooled, the mayonnaise, mustard, celery salt, garlic salt, and onion salt. The mustard, mayonnaise and spices can be adjusted based on how creamy or spicy you want your salad to be.
Add the eggs at the end and mix it gently so that they don’t get broken apart.
5. When the salad has been mixed, add the sliced egg and sprig of the celery leaf to the top of the salad. Then, dust the finished salad with a little paprika for color.