Grilled Halibut with Watermelon Salsa
Fresh flavors abound with this simply grilled halibut served with homemade watermelon salsa. Perfect for a warm summer day, this recipe is filled with the refreshing flavors of flakey halibut topped with cool watermelon, spicy chiles, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and tangy garlic, for a hearty recipe perfect for any summer night.
- 1 pound skin-on halibut fillet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- WATERMELON SALSA:
- 2 cups chopped, seedless watermelon
- 2 Thai chiles, or 1 serrano pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion, about 1/2 small
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from seriouseats.com
Drizzle fish with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Alternatively, set half the burners on a gas grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes.
While the grill is heating, prepare the salsa by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Clean and oil the grilling grate.
Place fish over hot side of grill skin-side down. Cook without moving until skin is crisp and rendered, about four minutes. Carefully flip fish with a wide spatula. and cook on second side until cooked through. Flesh should be slightly flaky and offer no resistance when pierced with a toothpick or cake tester.
Remove fish from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with watermelon salsa.
You'll also love
- Asparagus Guacamole Dip W. W.... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mango Upside Down Cake with... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Asian Tuna Ceviche 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie Pork Chops 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- OVEN BAKED SUN FISH 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- #KIphotocontest - Chili-Corn Chips... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Broiled Halibut with Mango Avocado... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Ancho Cream Sauce 4.1/5 (14 Votes)