#KIphotocontest - Chili-Corn Chips Pie
From COOKING LIGHT magazine - Oct-2011
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 4 ounces lightly salted corn chips (such as Fritos)
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onion tops
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove beef; drain. Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in beef, cumin, pepper, and salt.
2. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add broth, 1/3 cup water, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
3. Place 1 ounce chips in each of 4 bowls, and top each serving with about 2/3 cup beef mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons green onions.
You'll also love
- Unbeetable Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Kristi's Redneck Gourmet Popcorn... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe