Asian Tuna Ceviche
Use the best quality tuna you can find, sushi grade if available for this tuna ceviche. Topped with crispy shallots and diced avocado, this ceviche recipe will become one of your favorites.
- 1 pound fresh tuna, cubed into 1/2 pieces
- Juice of 2 limes, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 white grapefruit, be sure to strain out the seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (this will be a brownish color not clear, check in the Asian food section of your marked)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 Thai purple basic leaves, chiffonade (i.e. cut into thin strips), you can use regular basil if you can't find the purple Thai variety
- 6 cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chili pepper such as rocoto or aji Amarillo (these are both Peruvian chilis, you can use fresh or jarred but the fresh will be somewhat hotter so you might need a little more if you're using jarred)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime or about 3/4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup finely diced mango
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Asian pink shallots, peeled and thinly sliced (you can use regular shallots but they'll be a little bigger so use 3 instead of 4)
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Combine tuna, lime juice, grapefruit juice, sesame oil, coconut milk and soy sauce. Refrigerate 15 - 60 minute or until 'cooked' to taste, remember tuna can be eaten raw if it's good quality so how long you 'cook' it is up to you. Remove from refrigerator and drain off all the liquid.
Combine tuna with basil, cilantro, scallions, chili, sesame oil, lime juice, water chestnuts and mango.
While the tuna is 'cooking' heat oil in a saute pan, add the shallots and cook until crisp.
Serve tuna on a plate or in a martini glass. Garnish with crispy shallots and diced avocado.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Pork Chops 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Super Fast Vegetarian Taco Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- The Devilish Egg Wears Bacon 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- OVEN BAKED SUN FISH 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Biko (Filipino Sweet Sticky Rice) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Seafood Gumbo with Coconut Milk 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Redfish on the Half Shell 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Oatmeal Banana... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)