Asparagus Guacamole Dip W. W. Points Plus 1
To trim down traditional guacamole, I experimented with asparagus instead. My husband and our three hungry sons say this chunky low-fat version is as tasty as the original. I love the guilt-free dipping. —Judi Hammer of Litilz, Pennsylvania
- 24 medium fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 oz. chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 1/2 medium chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup canned green chili peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Assorted raw vegetables and tortilla chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
•Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
•Place asparagus in a blender. Add onion and garlic; cover and process
•In a small bowl, combine the tomato, lemon juice, salt,
chili and ground pepper. Stir in the asparagus
mixture until blended. Serve with vegetables and chips. Refrigerate
leftovers; stir before serving. Yield: 2 cups.