Almond Crumble Cherry Pie
Almond crumble cherry pie is the perfect pie to take to any occasion. You can't go wrong with this classic pie!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 4 ounce marzipan
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F.
Make 1 pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set but not brown.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, place marzipan and butter; with pastry blender or fork, mix until well blended. Stir in oats and flour until crumbly. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients.
Remove partially baked shell from oven. Spread filling in shell. Crumble topping over filling.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around edges. If necessary, after 15 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
Marzipan is a mixture of almond paste, sugar and egg whites. It adds a crumbly texture and almond flavor to the pie topping.
Look for marzipan and almond paste in the baking section of the grocery store.
You'll also love
- Piña Colada Pie on the Grill 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice "Cream" 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Paleo Sriracha (Butter) Shrimp 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sausage & Spinach Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Fried Mac & Cheese Balls 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Fruit Pizza 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Roast Chicken with Caramelized... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)