Sweet Black Cherry Crisp
Sweet black cherry crisp is best served right out of the oven, nice and warm! They are so good they will have you coming back for seconds and thirds!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups pitted frozen cherries, thawed
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13X9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Add the cherries, tossing gently to coat. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the almonds. Sprinkle evenly over the cherry mixture.
Bake until hot and bubbly and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- CHERRY CRISP IN A JAR 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Oat & Thyme... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chef Jim's Chip-Crusted Pickerel... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegan Red Curry Peanut Pâté 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cherry Pie (Easy) 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cherry Cream French Toast with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry & Orange Pavlovas 4.5/5 (8 Votes)