Kelly's butternut squash soup
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 large, or 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, then cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, Yukon gold or russet, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper as needed
Adapted from shine.yahoo.com
1. In a large pot, heat oil to medium-low. Add garlic, onions and a pinch of salt, stirring until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add squash, carrots, potato and stock, bring to boil, lower heat to a simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove from heat and add the coconut milk.
3. Puree soup in a blender, working in batches so you don't overflow. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Garnish with a sprig of thyme or chopped parsley and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
Makes six 1-cup servings. Each serving: 219 cal, 13 g fat.
You'll also love
- David’s Homemade Summer Peach... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Wine & Garlic 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Edamame Caviar 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Escalloped Corn 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- "3 for 100" Mini Pumpkin Muffins 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Chinese Cabbage with Chicken Soup 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Wasatch Mountain Chili 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe