Wasatch Mountain Chili
Hominy beans join great Northern beans in a white chili with chicken recipe that's ready in 15 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped see savings
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil see savings
- 1 (15 to 16 ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained see savings
- 1 (15 to 16 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained see savings
- 1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth see savings
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen cooked chicken breast strips see savings
- 1/4 cup lime juice see savings
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro see savings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin see savings
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper see savings
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, Monterey Jack, or cheddar cheese (2-ounces) see savings
- Bottled green salsa see savings
- White corn tortilla chips see savings
- Fresh cilantro leaves see savings
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from recipe.com
In a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in hominy, beans, chicken broth, frozen chicken, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, and pepper.
Cover and bring to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Serve topped with cheese, salsa, tortilla chips, and fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 (1-1/4-cup) servings.