PUMPKIN GREEK YOGURT BANANA BREAD
The Greek yogurt banana bread uses bananas and Greek yogurt to completely replace the oil or butter in an attempt to make it a little healthier while leaving the bread nice and light, fluffy and most importantly, moist. For my pumpkin Greek yogurt banana bread I pretty much took the Greek yogurt banana bread recipe and added pumpkin spices and pumpkin puree while removing some of the bananas to keep the moisture level consistent.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or store bought)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in a large bowl.
Mix brown sugar, pumpkin puree, bananas, eggs and yogurt in another large bowl.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the pecans.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown and a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pressure-Cooker Kiss-the-Cook Baby... 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Strawberry Detox Water 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Healthy Sweet Potato Muffins 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple “Shortcake” 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Loaf 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cannoli 4.5/5 (37 Votes)