Apple Pie Crunch
Canned apple pie filling topped with a buttery, crunchy homemade crumb topping. Over the top served with vanilla ice cream! And, maybe a drizzle of caramel sauce!
- 2 (21 oz) cans Apple Pie filling (I used Great Value brand)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut butter into thin slices and microwave in a small bowl just until melted. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine both cans pie filling and the lemon juice. Pour into an 11x8" (or equivalent) baking dish. Sprinkle top lightly with cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, and chopped pecans. Drizzle in the melted butter in a very thin stream while using a large fork to combine the mixture until it resembles small pebbles. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pie filling.
Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and starting to bubble around the edges. Cool to lukewarm on a wire rack.
To serve, spoon into individual serving dishes and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce, if desired. And, it's just as good served cold!
You'll also love
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Cajun Lasagne 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Juicy Watermelon Salad 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Apple Crumble 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe