This sweet sangria combines moscato wine, frozen melon balls, lime juice, honey, Grand Marnier, and fresh mint to make a bright drink great for a crowd.
- 3 cups mixed melon balls (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, like Grand Marnier
- 2 cups chilled sparkling water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 (750-millliliter) bottle moscato wine, chilled or Spanish moscatel wine
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from laylita.com
Use a melon baller and freeze some melon balls as ice cubes. Add the melon balls and lime slices to the pitcher. Add the honey and orange liqueur, let macerate for at least 30 minutes.
Add the chilled sparkling water, moscato wine, lemon juice and ice. Mix well. The citrus moscato sangria can be served immediately or kept refrigerated for a couple of hours before serving.