(Crockpot) Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. sauce (from the crockpot after dish is cooked)
- Frozen broccoli florets (about 2 cups)
- White rice, cooked
Adapted from facebook.com
In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
Turn crockpot on low and cook for 6 hours.
May have to adjust time depending on your crockpot.
Test doneness at 4 hours and continue cooking if necessary.
When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid to create a slurry, pour into crockpot, stir to mix well.
Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
Toss in your broccoli florets then serve hot over white rice.
You'll also love
- Creamy Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Macaroni & Cheese 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Starbuck’s Iced Lemon Pound Cake... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Tots with... 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Sliced Baked Potato 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cucumber subs with turkey 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- King Ranch Beef Casserole 4.2/5 (71 Votes)