(Crockpot) Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. sauce (from the crockpot after dish is cooked)
- Frozen broccoli florets (about 2 cups)
- White rice, cooked
Adapted from facebook.com
In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
Gently place your slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
Turn crockpot on low and cook for 6 hours.
May have to adjust time depending on your crockpot.
Test doneness at 4 hours and continue cooking if necessary.
When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid to create a slurry, pour into crockpot, stir to mix well.
Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce.
Toss in your broccoli florets then serve hot over white rice.
You'll also love
- Ultimate Coconut Cake - Martha... 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Tots with... 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Cucumber subs with turkey 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Potatoes in Creamy... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pasta & Broccoli Sausage Simmer 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Ground Beef and Mushroom Carbonara 4.4/5 (50 Votes)