Ground Beef and Mushroom Carbonara
Ground Beef and Mushroom Carbonara is easy to make and a family favorite. I like to mix the eggs with some of the whipping cream before adding to the pasta, so they thicken the sauce.
- 12 ounce package uncooked spaghetti
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef, at least 80% lean
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms, about 3 cups
- 1 small onion, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 pasteurized eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package. Rinse spaghetti and return to Dutch oven; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 8 to 9 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, leaving drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towel. Crumble bacon.
In same skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
Pour whipping cream over cooked spaghetti in Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until hot.
Add beef mixture, bacon and eggs to spaghetti mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing mixture constantly, until spaghetti is well coated. Stir in cheese. Garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- Spicy Kale Lasagna 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Crack 3.9/5 (140 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Kiss-the-Cook Baby... 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Grilled Stuffed Portobello... 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.1/5 (66 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stew 4.6/5 (27 Votes)