Southwest Shrimp Salad with Spicy Honey-Lime Dressing
Make the best shrimp salad you have ever tasted Southwest Shrimp Salad with Spicy Honey-Lime Dressing. Sweet, spicy, and tangy!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 to 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 to 8 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 half cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 jalapeños peppers, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
Adapted from premeditatedleftovers.com
In a small bowl or cruet, combine the sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, oil, honey and taco seasoning. Stir or shake to combine. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Place the shrimp in a container with a lid. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the shrimp. Place the lid on the container. Shake to coat.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium flame. Add shrimp to the pan, making sure they lie flat and do not over lap. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the side touching the pan starts to turn pink. Flip the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the shrimp to cool.
In a large bowl combine lettuce, peppers, onion, avocado, and tomatoes. Add shrimp and cheese.
Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and toss.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread Bars 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Fudge 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Pecan Tassies 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Pie Recipe 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Lobster with... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Sugar Scrub - Homemade 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon and... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)