Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Crispy Cheesy Chicken is served topped with a sour cream and chicken gravy. Perfect with a side of mashed potatoes and some steamed veggies of your choice.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from jamiecooksitup.net
Cut each chicken breast into 3 large pieces, like a chicken tender.
In a small food processor add the Ritz crackers and pulse until they are crumbs.
I three separate shallow bowls, add the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs. Cake pans work well. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Then, coat the cheesy chicken with cracker crumbs.
Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the coated chicken inside the pan. Sprinkle dried parsley over the chicken.
Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400°F. for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
While the chicken is baking, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter in a medium size sauce pan. Stir with a whisk until the sauce is smooth. Continue stirring over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
You'll also love
- Walking Taco Casserole 3.9/5 (283 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Skirt Steak 4.1/5 (276 Votes)
- Basic Ground Beef American Goulash 4.2/5 (238 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade 3.7/5 (421 Votes)
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Tenders 4.6/5 (189 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom... 3.7/5 (493 Votes)
- Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.1/5 (220 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Breaded Chicken... 4/5 (265 Votes)