Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
* Place zucchini in strainer; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out moisture.
* Combine zucchini with the eggs, Parmesan and half of the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
* Press into greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
* Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
* Meanwhile, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
* Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture.
* Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper.
* Bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through.