Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
3. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with the butter and milk. With a hand mixer, beat in cream cheese and onion. In a small bowl, beat the egg with a little bit of the mashed potatoes. Stir into potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
4. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until puffy and lightly browned.