Trofie al Pesto with Green Beans
This is a typical dish Ligurian region of Italy (aka Italian Riviera) that I was inspired from a recent visit to Cinque Terre, Italy.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of pesto
- 1 cup of green beans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Mix 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1/3 cup of warm water
2. Knead the dough until it is shiny. Add more water if it’s too dry and more flour if it’s too wet
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for up to 2 hours
4. Cut the dough into strips. Roll each strip into ½ inch diameter logs
5. Cut the log into small cubes (like gnocchi)
6. Using the palm of your hands, roll it into a cylinder with tapered ends on both sides
7. Blanche the green beans for 5 minutes
8. Boil the pasta for 3-4 minutes. Strain them.
9. In a pan, heat oil 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add blanched green beans, then boiled pasta and pesto and stir them well