Prosciutto Lamb Burgers
Mixed with cheese and sun dried tomatoes and wrapped in prosciutto, these lamb burgers are delicious!
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 6 large slices prosciutto, sliced medium-thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, for topping each burger
- Fresh tomato slices, for topping each burger
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs, parsley, egg, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper, stir to combine. Add the lamb and stir until incorporated. Divide the mixture into 6 1-inch thick burgers. Place the slices of prosciutto on a cutting board or piece of parchment paper. Place 1 lamb burger in the center of each slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the burger.
Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 2 minutes. Place the lamb burgers prosciutto-side down in the pan and cook over medium heat until the prosciutto is golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the burgers and finish cooking, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
Remove the burgers from the pan and place on a serving platter or individual plates. Top each burger with 2 to 3 basil leaves, 1 to 2 slices of tomato, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- “Shortcut” – Chocolate... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Mini Tuna Casseroles 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Herbed Gravy Recipe 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef and Cheddar Casserole 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Easter Lamb Carrot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Kebabs 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with... 0/5 (0 Votes)