Old-Fashioned Date Bars
Say what - Friday night and you don't have a date!? We got you covered, these lil sweet date bars will keep you entertained!
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package dates, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking Oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
In 1 quart saucepan combine water, 1/4 cup brown sugar and dates. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens ( 4 to 5 minutes). Cool to room temperature ( 30 minutes).
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl combine all crust ingredients. Beat on low speed until mixture is crumbly ( 1 to 2 minutes). Reserve 1 cup.
Press remaining crumbs into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Spoon filling over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (208 Votes)
- arugula, avocado and fennel salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Triple Berry Brownie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Divinity 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Date nut fingers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Rice Sausage Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)