Five Flavor Pound Cake
- Pound Cake:
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 t. of each coconut, rum, butter, lemon, and vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 t. of each coconut, rum, almond, vanilla, butter, and lemon extract.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 21mins
Preheat Oven: 325 degrees
1. Spray tube pan and dust with flour
2. Cream: butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy and then add eggs.
3. Combine flour and baking powder.
4. Add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture. Alternate flour mixture with milk until blended.
5. Stir all 5 extracts into mixture and pour into tube pan.
6. Bake for 1 1/2 hours
7. Glaze: combine all ingredients into sauce pan and cook until sugar is melted. Pour 1/2 while cake is still in pan. Then turn out cake and pour the rest of the glaze.
You'll also love
- Savory Lemon Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tender Lemon Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Creamy Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Midnight Garden Chicken Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Curry (No... 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pepe's Coconut Bread (featured in... 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Swiss... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Cream Cheese Pound... 0/5 (0 Votes)