Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Almonds
Emeril Lagasse's recipe. Even people that don't normally like dates have liked this.
Due to their larger size, Medjool dates are much easier to work with. It is sometimes difficult to find pitted Medjool dates, but no worries. It is very easy to pit the dates. Simple use a chop stick, bamboo skrew or simular item to push the date out.
- 18 (1 by 1/4-inch) pieces cream cheese
- 18 pitted dates (preferably Medjool)
- 18 salted and roasted whole almonds
- 6 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- Special equipment: 18 wooden picks
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 31mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stuff 1 piece of cheese and 1 almond into each date, then wrap one piece of bacon around each date and secure bacon with a toothpick if desired. Arrange dates, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan.
Bake 5 minutes, then turn dates over with tongs and bake until bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper towel or parchment. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia and Panko Crusted Cod 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread Made With Splenda 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herbed Butterfly Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Curls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quinoa Date Squares from She Let... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- DATE BALL CANDY 0/5 (0 Votes)