Gnocchi with Asparagus and Pancetta
Pancetta is cured un-smoked Italian bacon available at the grocery deli counter
This is worth the work!
- 1 (16 ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 2 ounces pancetta, cut into thin strips (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shaved parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting any salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Keep warm.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add shallots and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add gnocchi, pancetta, reserved cooking liquid, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 1 minute.
4. Serve with cheese.
Note: I kept a little extra cooking liquid and added a few tablespoons for steam while sautéing the asparagus.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Bread in a Can by Ms. Ruth 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SPINACH, SAUSAGE & FETA QUICHE 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Pork Tenderloin with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot German Buttered Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Tortellini & Spinach Lasagna... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Walnut Asparagus Pesto 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sardianian Sausage Tomato Sauce &... 0/5 (0 Votes)