Tortellini & Spinach Lasagna Casserole
This dinner can be ready to eat in about 30 minutes (well, maybe 40). You can make your own marinara sauce, or use bottle sauce. My son, who is just learning how to cook, loves this recipe. It's a shortcut to making lasagna, especially if you buy tortellini or ravioli with four cheeses. Yummy! Step-by-step photos are on my food blog at: http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/01/tortellini-spinach-pasta-lasagna-basic.html
- 1 bag fresh ravioli (or tortellini) stuffed with four cheeses (or flavor of your choice)
- 1 large can marinara sauce (or make your own, about 2 to 3 cups)
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded) or cheese of your choice
- 1 bag fresh spinach (baby spinach isn't necessary) about 2 pounds.
- Olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Cook the pasta, according to package directions, in heavily salted boiling water (this is your only chance to season the pasta properly).
For the spinach(optional):
Heat just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a skillet, about 1 Tablespoon.
Add two cloves of peeled fresh garlic and cook at low heat-- for 5-10 minutes. The idea is to infuse the flavor of the garlic into the oil.
Add one bag (about 2 pounds) of fresh spinach into the pan of oil and turn the heat to medium. The spinach will look like a LOT, but it will wilt down and shrink as it cooks-- about 5-10 minutes. Remove the garlic cloves and set aside.
In an oven-proof pan, pour a layer of marinara sauce to coat the bottom.
Add the drained pasta, and the cooked spinach.
Add a layer of cheese.
Repeat, if there is enough to do so.
Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Super New York Style Cheesecake 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Disney Apple Strudel with Vanilla... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Frittata 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Poached Cod with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crab & Meyer Lemon 'Pasta' 4/5 (1 Votes)