- 3- 32 ounce packages frozen whole kernel Corn
- 4 Cups chopped Bell Peppers (can be any color but green is pretty)
- 2 Cups chopped Vidalia onions (about two large)
- 4 Cups chopped red tomatoes (can use green if that is what you have)
- 5 Cups Vinegar
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Celery Seed
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Mustard (not bottled mustard, but dry)
Preparation time 20mins
Combine all vegetables in a large pot. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, celery seed, and mustard. Heat to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring every now and then to ensure even cooking.
Seal in hot, sterilized canning jars according to directions that can be found on my canning tutorial (the link to visit that post is directly below this recipe card). Try to get an equal amount of liquid in each jar. You need a good bit of liquid to cover the vegetables but you strain that out when you serve it. Process for 10 minutes in boiling water for pint size, and five for half pints.