Halloween Poke Cake
Marbled cake goes Halloween with orange jello 'poke' which makes is moist and delicious! Topped with a homemade chocolate frosting and decorated with pumpkin candies.
- 1 (18-1/4 ounce) package fudge marble cake mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake; top with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 12-15 servings.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Red-Headed Slut 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Ham Glaze with Root Beer New... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Best White Fruit Cake on Earth 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Applesauce Cake with Penuche... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Funfetti Color Me Halloween... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Dirty Q-Tips Halloween Treats 4.3/5 (13 Votes)