Halloween Poke Cake
Marbled cake goes Halloween with orange jello 'poke' which makes is moist and delicious! Topped with a homemade chocolate frosting and decorated with pumpkin candies.
- 1 (18-1/4 ounce) package fudge marble cake mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake; top with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 12-15 servings.
You'll also love
- Candied Sweet Potatoes or Yams 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Pepperoni Pizza Loaf 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Mantecaditos - Puerto Rican... 4/5 (78 Votes)
- Fried Rice in an Instant Pot 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Squash Croquettes 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Croissant... 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Coconut Loaf Cake 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)