These zucchini cakes make an elegant appetizer fit for those upcoming Oscar parties. Shredded fresh zucchini, is mixed with a little Parmesan, panko, paprika, garlic and a hint of ground nutmeg. The mixture is then pressed into patties and pan fried in olive oil until they are golden brown.
- 1 large zucchni grated, excess water removed (Note: To do this, after you grate the zucchini, put the grated zucchini into paper towels and squeeze to release the water)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon (Note: If you add too much it can quickly take over the taste, less is more)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into 8 patties.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side. Serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)