Sesame-Ginger Beef And Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 pound lean top sirloin sliced thin strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil divided
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 pound thin asparagus trimmed, and cut on diagonal into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 small bunch green onions cut on diagonal
- into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Combine beef and cornstarch in large bowl. Using hands, rub to coat well.
Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add beef in single layer and cook, undisturbed, until meat begins to blacken on bottom, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn over and cook until second side browns, about 1 minute. Transfer beef to large plate.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, green onions, and ginger; sauté until vegetables are tinged brown and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add broth, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to boil. Return beef to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer to platter and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Serve With: Jasmine rice and a cucumber, red bell pepper, and sweet onion salad with rice wine dressing.
Market Tip: Look for fish sauce at Asian markets and in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets.
You'll also love
- Roasted-Tomatillo And Lime Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes With Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rack Of Lamb With Pecan-Chipotle... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hominy And Pork Soup With Arbol... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef With Three-Chile Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin With... 0/5 (0 Votes)