Mixed Vegetable Salad
Easy to make vegetable salad is a perfect side dish any time of year. Starting with a bag of frozen vegetables, it's easy to get a good mix of veggies without a lot of work.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cook the mixed vegetables on the stove or in the microwave until crisp-tender. Drain; place in a large bowl.
Add kidney beans, celery, onion and green pepper.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, vinegar and cornstarch to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool slightly. Pour over vegetables and toss. Refrigerate.
Yield: 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Banana Cranberry... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Napoleon Cake 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Thai Garlic Sauce 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Italian Sub Dressing 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Rudy's Potato Salad 3.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Cherry Walnut Chicken Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Soup-Sweet Potato Soup 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe with Salsa... 0/5 (0 Votes)