Thai Garlic Sauce
Looking for a good stir fry sauce? Try this delicious Thai Garlic Sauce. It adds and awesome spice and flavor to anything you might be eating, from Asian recipes to Western favorites.
- 1/3 cup good-tasting stock (vegetarian or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or substitute 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey (or substitute brown sugar), plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoon corn starch dissolved in 4 tblespoon water
- 1 red chili, minced, or 1 teaspoon chili sauce, or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon rice wine for cooking
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Place all ingredients, except garlic and cornstarch in a sauce pan over medium-high heat.
When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low. Now add the minced garlic and cornstarch (dissolved in water). Stir until the sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Do a taste test. You're looking for a balance of salty (fish sauce), spicy (garlic and chili), sour (lime), and sweet (sugar). Adjust these flavors to suit your taste.
Add a little veggie oil to wok, add carrots, add some of the wine.
Add all veggies and 1/3 of sauce.
Add remaining sauce and tofu.
You'll also love
- Sausage & Peppers - Patti LaBelle's 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Chop, Grilled Pork Chops With... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Harvest Salad with Apple Cider... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple-Cherry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple-Fennel Stuffed Pork... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Chard with Tomatoes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Tagine-Style Chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Lemon & Garlic Aioli 4.8/5 (4 Votes)