Chicken Cordon Bleu - Cooking Light
This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes.
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Taco Meat - Crock... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Bourbon Peach Glazed Chicken... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Healthier Crispy Chicken Fingers 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Apple & Cheese Stuffed Chicken... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)